22 December 2014

Hot Chocolate Jar DIY

Hands up who hasn't finished their Christmas shopping yet.... yup, thought so! I'm feeling rather smug this year having finished mine in record time. However, instead of sitting back and watching the panic ensue I thought I would share a little DIY that might solve a few of your problems!

This is the perfect last minute Christmas gift or Secret Santa DIY and takes under 5 minutes to put together - you could even do it whilst getting ready for your christmas night out!

I always try and give a homemade gift when I have a tight budget and this year I had a hot chocolate lover and a budget of £10 for work's secret santa!

You only need a mug, recycled jar and the ingredients for a cosy hot choccie for this DIY and they were well inside my £10 budget!

I bought my mug from Marks & Spencer for £6 (P for Paula) which left me £4 for the rest of the goodies. I headed to Poundland and bought an Eco pack of Galaxy Hot Chocolate, Mini Marshmallows, Chocolate Drops and Sugar Snowflakes.


For those with sharp maths skills you'll see that that comes to £5 however, I didn't use all the marshmallows, chocolate drops or snowflakes so I think I can get away with it...


What you'll need for this DIY:
Hot Chocolate Powder
Chocolate Chips
Mini Marshmallows
Sugar Snowflakes (optional)

A Jar (Mine was an old jam jar that (luckily) fitted perfectly inside my mug!
A Mug

Once you have all your ingredients then you just need to layer them up, screw on the lid and pop on a label!


And remember, when you're wrapping it don't turn it upside down... something I forgot. It didn't ruin the present just gave it a 'rustic' feel.

I wrote this little poem on the label of mine for some extra festive fun!

With freezing weather drawing near,
You'll need to warm the spirit...
So here's a little Snowman Soup
Complete with stirring stick.
Add hot water, sip it slow.
It's sure to do the trick!
Let me know how you get on with this little DIY and tweet me your pictures to @lucylouharvey!

4 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely gorgeous. Think I'll try this out - especially as I love DIY x

    The Fairytale Pretty Picture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a very photogenic DIY! haha. and so easy to do. Let me know how you get on with it - there will be more DIYs coming up too! xx

      Delete
  2. this is so cute! such a good idea as well as there's so many hot chocolate sets out there but this one is really unique :)

    Beth // Bethany Georgina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I just couldnt find one I liked so decided to make my own - it came out so well and my secret santa loved it! xx

      Delete