30 December 2014

Birthday Brunching at Arlo

My birthday is the 18th of December. There are worse birthdays, I know, but a week before Christmas is a funny one. Everyone is so money concious they usually can’t party and I don’t like to ask!

I had a few of the girls round for drinks and food on my birthday but waited until I spent the weekend in Newcastle with Aidan  to really relax and enjoy the start of being 24!

We kicked off the weekend with brunch in Aidan’s new local Arlo – my new favourite brunch spot! So much so that these pictures are actually from both trips we made that weekend, Eggs on Saturday and Waffles on Sunday (it was so good we had to go back and try more of the menu).

On Saturday we hunkered down in the warmth with coffee, tea and fresh orange juice. I absolutely loved that our hot drinks came with little bits of brownie – always the best way to start breakfast!

After having a quick glance at the menu we both knew what we wanted to order and after an even quicker moment it arrived at our table!

Arlo Brunch Newcastle

Arlo Brunch Newcastle

Eggs Benedict (Poached Eggs, Hollandaise Sauce and Honey Roast Ham) for Aidan

Arlo Brunch Newcastle

Arlo Brunch Newcastle

 ...and Eggs Royale for me! I absolutely love eggs, smoked salmon and hollandaise sauce and I wasn’t disappointed!

Arlo Brunch Newcastle

Arlo Brunch Newcastle

Arlo Brunch Newcastle

The flavours hit the spot however, the sauce was served cold to us which I found strange! Perhaps it is the proper way it is served, let me know in the comments if it is! In the past I have always had it warm so it was a little strange to have it cold – enjoyable nonetheless!

I loved the addition of the mixed seeds on top and the touch of greenery underneath the eggs made me feel like I was being healthy!

On Sunday we indulged in our favourite – Bacon and Maple Syrup this time on top of waffles. The portion size looked tiny however I only just about managed to finish it!

Arlo Brunch Newcastle

Arlo Brunch Newcastle

You can say it... eyes bigger than my stomach!

The bacon and waffes were delicous and so perfectly cooked but the real star of the show was this...

Arlo Brunch Newcastle

Arlo Brunch Newcastle

My Big Hot Chocolate!

On the menu it was described as coming with some chocolate treats which I assumed was a few extra bits of brownie – I couldn’t believe my eyes when it arrived at my table.

Aidan looked like christmas had come early and happily munch away on bits of rocky road, malteasers and brownie galore!

Arlo Brunch Newcastle

Once we had eaten our fill of waffles, bacon and chocolate nibbles we made our way to Newcastle for last minute Christmas shopping, coffee shop hunting and a birthday dinner!

If you’re ever in the Jesmond or Newcastle area and want a nice place to brunch, lunch or dine then I would thoroughly recommend Arlo! The food was delicious and the service was so friendly and fast!

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday, merry belated Christmas and a happy slightly early New Year to you! What wonderful looking food. The waffles would definitely have been my choice. I love that you went two days in a row!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Merry belated Christmas and happy new year to you too! The food was so good we had to go back and eat as much of the menu as possible... I think we're going for a full breaky this weekend! YUM! xx

      Delete