2 December 2014

Eaten At | The Crown

Aidan and I were back in Suffolk a few weeks ago and we took full advantage of the pubs, restaurants and cafes that it has to offer! 

On our first night back we visited The Crown in Framlingham, an interesting little hotel/pub/restaurant that has had owners come and go for as long as I have ever know. With varying styles of food I wasn't too sure about making a reservation but mum convinced me the food was tasty, so off we went!

It had had a make-over since my last visit and was now a pretty and comfortable feeling restaurant. Just the right balance of relaxed formality.



Aidan chose Beef Carpacio to start... what a beauty it was and it tasted amazing too!



I, as you all will know, am a huge fish fiend but I decided to branch out and go for the Pigeon which came pink with beautifully roasted carrots - a great way to start the meal.


  
I moved on to their Cannon of Lamb, Beetroot, Risotto and Mushroom sauce for mains. I love mushrooms but I'm sometimes underwhelmed by the lack of flavour many restaurants seem to serve. This sauce was the best tasting mushroomy (don't care that that isn't a word) thing ever. It was amazing with the lamb and the whole dish was perfectly balanced.



Aidan's main wasn't the most camera friendly but it was delicious nonetheless! Halibut, Chickpeas, Samphire and Proscuitto made a tasty and incredibly light blend of flavours.


Pudding was an interesting affair... Aidan had 'Build Your Own Eton Mess' that was so tasty but, it did make me wonder what we were paying for if we had to make it ourselves! It felt a little bit like we were in Willy Wonka's chocolate factory as Aidan unpacked the tower of bowls to reveal powdered strawberry and allsorts of other tasty treats!


I wasn't feeling in a particularly sweet mood so I opted for a board of local, Suffolk cheeses. Accompanied by a sweet onion marmalade and their take on a piccalilli.

It definitely hit the spot...



If you're looking for fancy food in a comfortable and cosy setting then The Crown in Framlingham is definitely one to consider. It is slightly on the pricier side however, the ingredients were clearly of a very high quality with many being bought locally - you get what you pay for and I would definitely pay again!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! The food here looks delicious and very well presented! Makes me hungry! :P

    Olivia x
    Beauty from the Fjord

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! We were surprised by how beautiful everything was. The cheese was definitely my favourite!! Lucy xx

      Delete