5 January 2014

Update | New Year in Suffolk

After a family Christmas in Scotland I met Aidan in Edinburgh and attempted to travel 500 miles during (one of those) storms.

12 hours later we made it to the land of Aspalls, Adnams and Fairy-tale cottages.


As Aidan had never been to Suffolk before I decided he would get the grand tour, starting off in my favourite cafe ever - The Dancing Goat. 

I have been coming to this cafĂ© for 6 years and I always try and visit it when I'm home. I love it, its walls are adorned with local art and it is always welcoming and cosy.


We had perfectly served hot chocolates - huge, with extra cream and a side of marshmallows, to warm us up before we ventured up to the castle for a walk.




Another stop on the Suffolk grand tour was Jimmy's Farm, owned by Jimmy Doherty (He's that guy on the TV usually cooking with Jamie Oliver or playing with animals).

I love animals and was having a great time feeding them all... Aidan however lost all interest after an Alpaca, in protest of not being fed, sneezed on him.


Absolutely hilarious!



I managed to persuade him to feed a rather over friendly emu later on - not sure it convinced him he was an animal person though... 



After Aidan 'Attenborough' had finished his animal encounters we headed for a walk in the historic woods. He was definitely cheered up by what we found at the end of the walk.


We left our own mark in the woods, before following our rumbling tummies in search of Jimmy's famous pork.




We weren't disappointed.

I couldn't resist ordering a pulled pork roll, complete with apple sauce and crackling. It was amazing, best crackling I have ever had!


I know, you probably don't believe me, but if you're ever in Suffolk head to Jimmy's Farm - you'll believe me then!

2 comments:

  1. Ah I miss Suffolk so much!
    Haven't been in the UK since July!! I need a Suffolk fix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I've lived in Suffolk my whole life and never been to Jimmy's Farm. That pulled pork is enough to make me want to go though. Looks like you had a great day :)
    Kate xx
    http://appreciatetheday45.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete