24 January 2014

Fashion | Vanilla Sundae SS14

I'm dreaming of a white.... beach. Christmas has finished and yes, its still freezing outside but I'm being optimistic and looking ahead to the summer!

I can't wait for warm beaches, beer gardens and summer dresses. Until then I'm contenting myself with dreaming up my summer wardrobe.















Taking inspiration from the top here are my picks for Spring/Summer this year. 

Sarah Burton didn't want the SS14 McQueen collection to feel to anchored to a particular period or theme and this was easy to see whilst watching the show. Every piece evoked a different theme or feeling; Celtic Warriers, Picasso... I could go on! 

What really caught my eye however was the delicate cream dresses contrasted and toughened up with tribal embellishment.


Image: style.com
Topshop have a similar style on sale currently if you can't quite find the pennies for a McQueen. Hurry though, it is on sale! You can find it here.


My weakness is cream layers, so when I spotted this Alexander Wang outfit I knew the high street will fill up with cream frills, peplums and layers this summer.

Image: style.com
I can't wait!

Until then I've found a couple of pieces online that I can't wait to arrive. This is my favourite at the moment - slightly more reserved than its catwalk counterpart but still frilly enough to satisfy my cravings!




Something I love about summer is that you can get away with more. This comes into play, for me, when I've been on holiday and have lost my exercise routine. 

The boxy shapes that were seen heading down the runway's of McQueen, Adam Lippes and Prada are crucial to hiding the post-holiday bits you would rather people didn't see!

I love a simple dress and McQueen has come up trumps, if you love it as much as I do you can buy it here



If you want an alternative then topshop have this great 60's dress that has those dreamy cream layers I'm so in love with. 



And if you want to embrace the vanilla trend in the office then Harrods are selling this gorgeous McQueen peplum jacket.


If Harrods isn't in your budget then don't worry! H&M have you covered - their Tuxedo Jacket is only £24.99 and in that gorgeous shade of vanilla you'll be able to wear it with everything!



All this talk of vanilla has given me some serious ice-cream cravings, I hope the ice cream man comes round early! 

Whats your favourite piece?

No comments:

Post a Comment