5 March 2014

Recipe | Bloody Mary Salsa

I am currently in the middle of a huge bloody mary obssession, it started a few years ago and has waxed and waned ever since.

After moving to Stirling, a dead-zone where bloody marys are concerned, my cravings reached new levels. You always want something you can't have right?!

I decided to take it upon myself to get my bloody mary fix and, armed with all the necessary ingredients, have been happily gorging on the virgin kind all week.

That was when it struck me - what if you could make a bloody mary into a dish?


And voila, here it is! The bloody mary salsa, I had mine with feta cheese and steak but I'm 100% it'll go with anything! It is, after all, the little sister of the liquid kind which we all know goes with everything!


For 1 serving you'll need:
5-6 diced cherry tomatoes
1 diced shallot
1 large pinch of celery salt
4-6 splashes of Tabasco sauce (depends how hot you want it)
A dash of Worcestershire sauce (again, adapt to suit your taste)
A grind of pepper

Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl, preferably leave to sit for an hour to let the flavours really come together.



Serve with chopped coriander and a squeeze of lime for freshness.

I enjoyed mine with a rare steak and feta cheese - what will you have yours with?


No comments:

Post a Comment