1 March 2014

Review | Jam Jar

Stirling has a distinct lack of restaurants. There are loads of pubs that serve food, a few bistro cafes and plenty of takeaways. What there aren't are places you would take your granny, have a first date or go for a nice catch-up with friends. 

Until now. 

B and I headed 'out of town' and up to the yummy mummy eutopia that is Bridge of Allan for a cosy catch-up and some good food at Jam Jar - the latest haunt of the BOA pack.

Yes, I'm slightly behind the times and Jam Jar has been open for a good few months but I'm here now and that's all that matters. 

Right?




Walking in we knew we had hit the spot. Tartan chairs, log fires and wood clad walls. It was cosy, comfy and full enough that we didn't feel like two lemons.

 The menu was huuuuge!

I was so torn between a good few things but as soon as my food arrived, I knew I had done good.



B ordered the soup of the day, an incredibly fresh looking broccoli and spinach soup with fresh bread. Unfortunately she hoovered it up far too quickly for me to take a snap!

I ordered popcorn prawns with a lemon and garlic dip.

The prawns were beautifully cooked, the tempura batter crispy and not greasy and, although I'm easily pleased with garlic dips, it was definitely up there as one of the best!




Next came burgers. B's was a hamburger with purple, creamy coleslaw and chunky chips. 

Fittingly, all the sauces were served in various types of jam jars.

Mine, my go-to in any restaurant; pulled pork but this time with a caramelized onion relish, a beautiful dripping gravy and chunky, crispy chips. The side salad, which I usually get underwhelmed by, was picked up with lentils and a fresh dressing. My only niggle was that the roll wasn't warmed!



Having wholly ditched the gym for the day I decided to go the whole hog and have my all-time favourite Sticky Toffee Pud! 

It doesn't look like much but oh boy, was it good!


1 comment:

  1. That pulled pork looks amazing! I'm heading to Stirling in June so might have to visit jam jar :)

    Christy x
    another weekend without make-up

    ReplyDelete