23 May 2014

Health | 5 Food swaps that won't leave you hungry

I'm very much a creature of habit. I'm also not good with huge changes. 

Which means I usually fail 100% of  healthy eating kicks - what I find works best for me is making small changes to my diet, over time that adds up to one big change (well that's what I'm telling myself!).


Below are the changes I've found were the easiest to make, hopefully you'll take them on and stick at them too!

Balsamic Vinegar swap for Apple Cider Vinegar
I use this with olive oil and lime to make an easy-tasty salad dressing or I add it to my veggies as they're cooking although, it pretty much goes with everything! It acts as a digestive tonic, it keeps away harmful bacteria in the intestine, flushes out toxins and relieves water retention around the stomach. 

Coffee swap for Green Tea
This change took the longest, I'm was a complete tea and coffee addict and, if I'm honest, couldn't stand green tea! Although, with a fair amount of willpower I now love green tea and rarely have breakfast tea or coffee (2-3 times a month). Green tea helps the body flush out excess fluids, calms stomach bloating and speeds up the metabolism! It also gives you the same perk as coffee!

Sunflower Oil swap for Olive Oil
Good fats can help you lost weight! Olive oil contains poly unsaturated fats that can keep away hunger pains. Olive oil also contains oleic acid which helps the breakdown of excess fat in the body!

White Rice swap for Brown Rice
Brown rice contains a huge supply of B vitamins which can help you burn calories faster. It is also a complex carbohydrate that is rich in muscle-strengthening protein and vitamins!

Spaghetti swap for Courgetti 
Buying a spiralizer has completely opened my eyes to a whole new way to eat vegetables! I thought I was being duped into some fad trend but this one, even if it is a fad, I love! I make courgetti all the time and, not only is it filling, but it is delicious, healthy and completely free of that stodgy full feeling Spaghetti gives you! You avoid all the refined white wheat flour in spaghetti and take in extra vitamins from the Courgette! Win, win.

Let me know how you get on in the comments! Any of these changes new to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment